Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

Sew4thesoul

I've recently joined in with a weekly stitching activity on Instagram - #sew4thesoul.

It's organised by Anne Brook (@hannemadebyanne) and each weekend she introduces a new embroidery stitch.   She's working on a long strip of linen which I love but sadly could not seem to find any to buy. 

Instead I decided to work samples of four stitches, worked in stranded cotton on linen, which I will mount and display as a series.  I was a bit late starting but soon caught up and now look forward each weekend for the next stitch.   They have mainly been simple embroidery stitches that you can 'play' with but I have learnt one new one - granitos - which I will definitely use again.

So far I have two completed in the series but they are still waiting to be mounted and framed.

Seed stitch - cross stitch - fly stitch - chain stitch

French knots - blanket stitch - bullion knots - pistol stitch



No comments:

Post a Comment