Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

A Girl Can Never Have Too Many Shawls!


When my trip to the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show had to be abandoned because of the snow, I had to do something with all the money I did not spend so I treated myself to a pattern and yarn to make a new shawl.   The purchase was made through Lusciously Loopy who was selling a special pack of yarn with a new pattern by Lisa Cook for a Cumbria Way Shawl.  The yarn was Scheepjes Stone Washed and I chose to use  Moonstone, Brown Agate and Morganite.


.
The pattern was made in two half hexagons which were them joined together before the border was stitched.

First half hexi finished
It was quite quick to get done – ideal if you are doing several things at once and chop and change between projects.    I love the way the tassels finish off the shawl.  I nearly didn’t put them one but I’m so glad I have.




Now I can’t wait to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment