Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2018

GelPrinting Challenge

During March I took part in a gel printing challenge organised on Instagram by Birgit Koopsen.

It was quite time consuming (in a nice way!) so I tended to do three or four days at a time just in case I wasn't able to do a day.   We were also away for part of the month at our caravan so I took loads of stuff with me but of course as all you crafters will know, despite taking loads of stuff, there is always one or two things, or even more, that you should have included!

I enjoyed the whole process and learnt so much on the way thanks to Birgit who not only posted each day with us but also included videos many days which gave me loads of new ideas and techniques.

I did three or four prints for each day so now have well over a hundred A5 sized prints.  I decided to get a scrapbook to keep many of the prints to inspire me in the future so as soon as I get started, I will share it.

I also decided to print a fabric piece each day and make postcards.  I've done the first few days and have nearly finished stitching the rest - some on the machine and some by hand - so I will have to have a day of finishing off.   I might well send them to people I hope will appreciate them.

Just to give you an idea of what I did here's a compilation of the 15 'best' ones.   I'll get together some compilations of each day and post them in a few days.


You can also see the whole collection on my Instagram account @lccreatingchaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment