Pages

Monday 29 October 2018

October Journal Quilt

Had a busy few weeks with many things getting in the way of me creating and keeping up to date!

I did manage to get my October Journal Quilt made but somehow never got around to posting about it so now is my chance to do so.

October meant that I had reached the blue/violet section on the colour wheel so for this I decided to do a log cabin that had a chequered effect.  I didn't really think it through to0 much so although I can promise you that the construction was very much a log cabin, the end result doesn't really look like it!



I free machine quilted the flower design using stitch and tear as I was frightened of not having an all over pattern.  It worked very well until I had to remove the paper and found that at the centres of the flowers the stitching was too dense to completely remove it.  Great learning curve for me and thank goodness it was on something that I don't plan to exhibit!

Only two more JQs to go for this year which has already got me thinking about what to do next year .....










No comments:

Post a Comment