Pages

Friday 6 July 2018

This month's Journal Quilt

For this month's green quilt I printed some of the fabric using skeleton leaves on the gelli plate.  The results were not as clear as I really wanted but that's the fun of a gelli plate - you never can tell how it will come out!

However, once the fabrics were cut the results were not as bad as I thought.

For the log cabin bit, I started with a uneven corner shape and then cut each of the strips into even widths as I added them.  Once complete, I quilted the strips of plain fabric with a leaf shape to tie in with the leaf prints.  It's a design I used last year on my March quilt and as I like it so much I will no doubt use it again.

When this part of the quilting was done I still felt it needed a bit more so I stitched in the ditch on all the strips.  I chuckled to myself as I did this as it doesn't seem that long ago I did the minimum amount of  quilting I could get away with whereas now I prefer as much as I can get away with!





When I was sorting out the quilts I've done so far this year, I noticed how good they looked in a stack, so good I had to take a photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment