Pages

Monday 30 July 2018

Further work on the denim jacket.....

I have been cracking on with the embroidery work on my denim jacket and I can see the end in sight.

The next panel to be completed is the bottom of the central panel and I decided to include beach huts as I just love them and always photograph any we see on our travels.


For the middle beach hut I used some of my own dyed fabric as it covers a seam and I thought would be easier than stitching over the seam.   The other two are embroidered, the left hand one with stripes of satin stitch and a door of split stitch; and the right hand one has lines of running stitch using a variegated thread and a heart on the door which was again satin stitch.   The beach around the huts was a combination of straight stitch, French knots and cross stitch and the sea was wavy lines of back stitch.   The two fish were done using a variety of stitches including fly stitch, French knots and straight stitches, all outlined with chain stitch.

The bunting was worked in satin stitch on a line of back stitch.

The next panel I worked on again reflects more important things in my life - stitching, crochet and patchwork.


As you can see some hexagons were using English Paper Piecing method, some were crocheted and the rest were embroidered.


Stitches used on the embroidered ones above include cross stitch, fly stitch, woven wheel, outlined with stem stitch; and running stitch, fern stitch, and pistol stitch, outlined with chain stitch.


In this next one I used straight stitches, French knots and satin stitch, outlined with chain stitch.


And for the final two, lazy daisy, fly stitch and ermine stitch, outlined with blanket stitch; and blanket stitch, French knots and straight stitch, outlined with back stitch.

I have an idea what I'm going to do for the final panel but it involves input from my grandchildren so it won't be done until the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment