Pages

Monday 19 February 2018

Mixed Media Dabble

I have long been a fan of Maggie Grey having been to a couple of workshops with her while I was a member of Context some years ago as well as subscribing to her Workshop on the Web (WOW).  Things have changed with WOW and now instead of the workshops being published online, there is now a WOWbook that was first published in December with the plan to print two each year.  I personally like this more than the online format as I always printed them off so to have a book is much better for me.

As well as the book, there are also some extra online workshops, including a mixed media course that Maggie has written.  I spent some time last week having a go at the first ideas and plan to continue my way through the ideas soon.

After starting with an exercise with the colour wheel, it progressed on to making colour charts with torn magazines.  Also had to look at pictures etc that appealed, collecting ideas together on Pinterest to  help to show coloured preferences.



We then moved on to explore tint and shade, first using a stencil with gesso and paint on paper and Vilene and then ink and bleach using mountboard.



  

I think I was a bit heavy handed in places with the Gesso so I only added stitch to the right hand side where the squares are more defined.


   




Love the shell designs I used and have some ideas going round my head for using again.

I've come to a halt on the course as the next stage is using Decovil which I know I have but can't find it anywhere! 

I've loved having a play and doing things that I would not have done on my own and although I may not use all the ideas again, it has sparked ideas that I want to have a go at and maybe take further.

No comments:

Post a Comment