Pages

Sunday 4 February 2018

Holiday Crochet

Before we went on holiday I had a big debate, mainly with myself, about whether or not to take any crochet work with me.   I couldn't really see when I would be able to do any and the thought of hot sweaty hands crocheting on a sandy beach didn't really encourage me.

When I shared this with my crochet daughter, she was horrified as she wouldn't go anywhere without something to do.  I also mentioned it when I was visiting a wool shop and again the lady there said she was sure I'd regret it if I didn't take anything.

So, as I had started a shawl for my non-crochet daughter and had rather neglected it once I had started on my Woodland Blanket, I decided to take it with me and see what happened.

Well I'm glad I did, because it filled the time between getting back to the hotel after and day on the beach while relaxing before dinner.  And as a bonus I got it finished!

I yet again used the Maid of Honour Shawl pattern by Buttonnose Crochet, and again made it using Scheepjes Whirl this time in Blueberry Bambam.   I don't think I will ever tire of this yarn as the graduations of colour really do all the work for you.


  



No comments:

Post a Comment