Pages

Monday 19 February 2018

Extra project

I've had time off from my Woodland Blanket as I'd caught up well so should be finished by the end of this week when the edging info comes out.

Before my holiday, on a visit to Sherborne, I bought a skein of yarn from The Slipped Stitch a lovely yarn shop that I always have to visit when I'm in Sherborne.   Not only do they have a wonderful range of yarn, they also have some yarns hand dyed by themselves as well as independent dyers.


This is Oh-So-Fine DK by Cat and Sparrow and is a mix of Bluefaced Leicester and Silk - 45% silk so it is lovely and soft.  The colour is called Gold Digger and as you can see is a mix of maroon and gold.

I decided to make a cowl with it using a pattern by Jennifer Dickerson called Caterina Cowl which I found on Ravelry.   As I had DK and the pattern was for aran yarn, I used a 5.00 hook which worked out fine.  In the end I decided to use up all the yarn to have more of an infinity scarf.  It was very quick and easy so I finished it in a few hours.




Definitely one I will try again - maybe everyone will get one for Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment