Pages

Sunday 7 January 2018

My Creative Daughters

I love to receive hand made gifts so was delighted this Christmas that both my daughters made me gifts.

Clare's creativity is mainly based around fabric.  She makes quilts and other patchwork items as well as clothes for her children.   Being a full time worker as well as a parent her spare time is limited and therefore precious.   She's recently finished  a diploma course for work which has taken most of her spare time for some time so is looking forward to having the time now to create.

She found the time to make me a bouquet of paper flower for Christmas.  They are made from maps, which she knows are a weakness of mine, and came in a beautiful Portmerion vase.  It is absolutely wonderful and now sits on my bedroom windowsill.





Karen is heavily into Crochet and is rarely seen without a hook in her hand!  She is responsible for me renewing my crochet skills so we are able to share ideas and patterns.  She also works full time and with a family, she too has to juggle her spare time.  Crochet for her is the main source of her relaxation and she is never happier than a crochet project and a box set (and maybe a glass of red wine).

She made me a beautiful crochet mandala on a hoop which now hangs in my workroom.






Thank you to both my lovely girls xx

No comments:

Post a Comment