Pages

Sunday 15 January 2017

Pink Quilt for Linus

Please to say my second project of the year is complete!

This time I have used the pink fabric from my stash, together with a couple of fat quarters I bought to match, to make a quilt for Project Linus.   It's a simple design of 6" squares but I appliqued some hearts on the plain fabric using some left over bits of the other fabric.   

I'm never sure how to quilt and usually end up quilting in the ditch.  This time I did some free hand random swirls, avoiding the squares with the hearts.  Can't say I'm ecstatic about the results and will no doubt resort to 'in the ditch' for the next quilt but it looks good and hopefully will eventually bring some joy and comfort for the child that receives it.


Apologies for the photo but I'm struggling to find a good place to photograph larger items in my new house.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment