Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

Canvaswork Seascape

First project of the new year is completed!



The first piece of canvas work I have done for many, many years.  When I was doing City and Guilds Creative Embroidery in the 1980s I often worked on canvas and while I was sorting out before our move, I discovered just how much I had done which inspired me to do some more.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I coloured the canvas with painted bondaweb before I started and I found this gave me some direction while still maintaining the "free" look I wanted.

I started by couching down the curved lines which were cotton tubing with thick threads through the centre.  I then pretty much made it up as I went, using stitches at first that I liked the look of and then those that fitted in with the rest.   I mainly used the threads that came with the pack but several of them were not suitable for this size of canvas (10 ct.) so I supplemented with cotton perle and stranded cotton.  I also added beads to come areas.

Really pleased with the result which now sits on the window ledge in my bedroom.


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment