Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Journal Quilts 2017

I didn't take part in last year's Journal Quilt Challenge with Contemporary Quilts as I was worried that I would not be able to keep up with the deadlines while we moved.  I really missed it so I'm really pleased to have signed up for this year's challenge.

The size this year is 11" x 11" which my mathematical mind is having trouble with as it doesn't divide easily but, after all, it is a challenge.  We have to set our own theme which can be a challenge in itself.   I decided to hold fire with deciding on a theme as we were going to Gran Canaria for two weeks and wondered if I would find inspiration while we were away.

We have had several holidays there and each time the flowers and plants have always grabbed my attention and this visit was no exception.   I've come home with photos and sketches of my initial ideas and I'm raring to go.

I'm going to be super organised this year and taking a tip from another member of CQ I'm going to cut all the backings and wadding at the start of the year as well as preparing the binding.  I always like to use the same binding for each quilt as I feel it gives some cohesion to the set.

Better get started......here are some of the inspiration so watch out for the quilts.











No comments:

Post a Comment