Pages

Monday 2 January 2017

New Year - New Me?

I'm not even going to review the targets I made for 2016 as it will be far too negative!

My only target for 2017 will be to create more consistently, however small.

I have begun this by looking at what fabric I already have and how I can use it up.   I spent some productive time yesterday, ably assisted by my grand daughter Hope, cutting squares of some pink and blue fabric left from some quilts I made for some new arrivals.  I now have a list of a few extra FQs I need to turn these squares into quilts that will be destined for Project Linus.  I also found some log cabin blocks made from some Tim Holtz fabric I bought (I think in Hobbycraft) and which didn't get any further.  I will also get some more fabric to go with the blocks to create yet another quilt for Project Linus.





Last week I got myself organised to start a piece of canvaswork which had been buzzing around in my head for some time.   A birthday gift of a collection of different threads begged to be used for canvaswork, so I began by colouring a canvas with some painted bondaweb which I tore into shapes that were laid down in a sort of landscape. The pack was called Pastel Seas so I suppose it's more of a Seascape.  I added some additional perle cottons from my own thread stash.   Work is underway but here it what it looked like when ready to start.


I also have another pack called Moorland that I think will become Freeform Crochet.  But I must get all the above finished first!

Happy New Year to everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment