Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

Words Challenge 2

My second part of the Words Challenge is now complete - Temptation.

When I was brainstorming ideas for these challenges, my first thought for Temptation revolved around food - mainly chocolate! - but as I had already used this idea for 'I Wish ....' (nearly finished!) I went for my second thought that was the biblical temptation in the garden of Eden.

The background of hand dyed fabric was first printed using half an apple.  I then struggled to get the snake as perfect as I wanted it and I have to say this look many hours and not very biblical language!  The "Leads is no into temptation leaves were done using free machining on soluble fabric incorporating a piece of fabric with the text on it.  The tree was made with scraps of brown fabric with hand stitching.


   
 
      
 


No comments:

Post a Comment