Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Book Making

Spent a great day last Saturday at Context where we made some books under the direction of Cath Stonnard.

The book I made really does not photo well but hopefully will give an idea of what I did.   After hand stitching the signatures (groups of 4-5 pages) these were then stitched together on the spine.  I used a variegated perle cotton which gave a good effect.   I left some longer ends while stitching so I could add some beads.





I used cartridge paper, brown paper and tracing paper for my book but have yet to decide what to use it for.

I plan to make more using some of the painted and printed paper that I have left from the Creative Sketchbooks C&G course I did a few years ago.

Thanks for a great day Cath.

No comments:

Post a Comment