Pages

Thursday 2 December 2010

Taking advantage of a "Snow Day"

Well the snow has once again forced me to be housebound so I've had a chance to get some things finished and to get them posted.

My second completed piece for my exhibition is made from 'left over' pieces of the rusted fabric used for the panel I've previously posted. This panel of pieces was quilted and then stretched over a board before mounting it on some naturally dyed fabric I've had in my stash for some years. This in turn was stretched over a canvas board.

The copper 'buttons' are the ones I bought from Dale Rollerson at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally.




This next piece is squares and shapes cut from fabric I've used for a much larger piece (well large for me!) which is still 'work in progress' while I decide how I will quilt it.

The squares and pieces were stitched onto a double layered dyed background and backing and then washed to give it a frayed appearance. I have to admit I saw this idea done, probably much better, by Dinah Travis at the Hever Quilt show this year and as I had some work in my sketchbook that lended itself to this method I thought I'd give it a try.






Incidentally, this is the page from my sketchbook that inspired the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment