Pages

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Holiday Handstitching

As my workroom becomes a bedroom for visitors over the Christmas holiday I made sure I had some hand stitching to do while my machines were 'out of bounds'.
Thinking ahead to my exhibition next year, I machine felted up some squares that after the additon of hand stitching, I will make up in to cards for selling at the exhibition. Regular readers will notice they are part of my "rust" series.
I really enjoy hand embroidery and with the addition of a few beads, I'm really quite pleased with these little embroideries which I hope will sell well.




Inspired by an idea in Quilting Arts Gifts, I made this needlefelted box, again with idea of something to sell at the exhibition. It was a bit labout intensive so I'm not sure whether it will make it as a sale item.

1 comment: