Pages

Saturday 19 December 2009

Major update

Thought it was time to get some photos on this blog so I'm catching up with the Christmas Cards and Quilt that I mentioned in my last blog.


A challenge was sent out at Greenstede Quilters, the group I belong to in East Grinstead, to take part in a Christmas fabric postcard swap. Only four of us put themselves up for this challenge so well done to Jayne (who organised the swap), Jacquie and Val. As it was such a small group we all made one for each other.


I decided to have a go at making "inchies" for my postcards. I used a Christmas fabric which I bonded to both sides of some pelmet vilene for the background. I then free machine quilted over the fabric in a swirly pattern. I then cut up in to 1" x 1" squares and zig-zagged around the edges before adding beads and sequins to finish. For the postcard background I first printed some gold stars over some red Christmassy fabric and again free machine quilted, adding some star shapes to a random swirl. I finished the top by adding three of the Inchies in a row.


I also used the same Inchies for my christmas Cards this year but they were all sent before I thought about photographing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment