Pages

Thursday 7 June 2018

Solar Photography

For Mother's Day this year, one of my daughters bought me a Solar Photography kit which she purchased from Boo To A Moose - well worth looking at their Etsy store as they do wonderous things with polaroid prints.

At the time of Mothers Day, we were well and truly still in the depths of winter so I put the gift away until summer and the sun arrived and, I'm glad to say, this week was sunny enough to give it a go.

I started by using some shells which I thought all had good outline shapes but sadly they did not work as well as I though as the depth of them meant the shadows cast interfered with the outline shape.



I then tried with some stones from my collection of heart-shaped stones.  These worked a lot better but were still a bit blurry.



The original layouts look so promising so I will have to put it all down to experience!



For my third try I went for something flat and decided on some lace which was flat enough to be clipped in the frame that came with the kit and therefore produced a much better print.


I've still got some sheets left so I will have another go soon.  In the meantime I will read up on the process and have a better idea of how to get good prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment