Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Christmas is over!

And now that Christmas is over I can share a present I made for my Grandson.

You may recall back in October I made a blanket which my Granddaughter requested for her birthday.  (see here)    Her brother very quickly requested a Star Wars pillow for Christmas and after several internet searches I settled on using a cross stitch chart of a Stormtrooper's face, working the stitches in a bobble stitch.


I shared this teaser at the early stages of making which shows that range of colours I used.  It was a labour of love and if I made it again I don't think I'd use the bobble stitch, trying corner to corner instead.

I had a rough idea of the size it would come out at as I'd done a tension sample before I started but it ended up a little bigger (story of my crochet life!) so I ended up having to get a 22" pillow which was probably a bit of the big size but it did come out nice a plump.




And Harry loved it so that's the most important thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment