Pages

Saturday 1 July 2017

Crochet update

I continue with my Temperature Blanket, finishing the month of June so it's half done and I can get an idea of the finished size.

June in the south of England has seen extremes of temperature with some places seeing a drop of 20 deg C in just a week.  It hasn't been that bad in Ferndown with a range of just 16 deg to 30 deg C.  This means a nice range of colours - the single green row is the 16 deg (Thursday just gone) and the two dark red rows are 29/30 deg from Monday/Tuesday the week before.


I have also started a new crochet blanket!   This one was a Crochet Along (CAL) issued last year (done by my daughter Karen at the time) called  Last Dance on the Beach .  Do have a look at the website as it has a story behind it.

I am doing the Dance in the Sea colourway (obviously, because I love the sea!)  It is made of 48 squares - 4 each of 12 designs - each of which are introducing me to patterns and techniques I have never used before.  That was my main reason for doing it as I felt I needed to challenge my Crochet abilities beyond rows of doubles and trebles.  There have been moments when I could easily have changed my mind but fortunately there are wonderful videos that have got me out of trouble.

I have completed four patterns - the first two have been washed and blocked and the second two still need to be done.

    

   

To give you idea of the complete colour palette here is a photo of all the wool I will be using.


My last project for the coming month is my first subscription to Amanda Bloom's Little Box of Crochet.

Each month I will receive a little box of crochet loveliness that will hopefully delight and challenge me.  This first month certainly has and I have to be disciplined before I dive in.


I will report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment