Pages

Monday 22 February 2010

Lesson 2 - EmbellishEnrichStitch

Here are the samples I've done for Lesson Two of the Embelllish Enrich Stitch course.

The first one is my interpretation of a beach landscape I took last year at Pagham. I've put the photo with it so show the inspiration. The background was made with small pieces of fibre, threads and fabrics felted into a piece of black felt. Piece of fabric were added for the plant in the foreground and the two posts. Hand stiches were added to finish.

The background of this next one was made from small pieces of fabric, fibres and threads which were felted into a felt background which had foil applied to it first. I then felted a piece of chiffon over the top, zapped it with a heat gun and added some hand stitches and beads.


The background for this next sample also had foil applied to it first and then felt and organza squares were added with buttons and beads. I felted yarns to create the "cross hatching". The background was a bit brighter that I anticipated!

The following piece was shapes cut from a piece I made from felted fibres and threads on a flet background. These shapes were in trun felted on to black felt. I then added some shapes cut from fusible foil, felted organza over the top and zapped it with a heat gun. I have found that when using the heat gun on felted organza it doesn't melt as much as when I've used it on machine stitched work. Not too sure why, it may be that the fibres have gone so far into the felt that there are less to burn?


Detail of above

This was strips of different fabrics felted into a piece of felt that had had paint applied on a piece of Bondaweb.

This final sample is one of the small sample pieces I am making as I go. It was done again using small pieces of fibres and fabric which were covered with organza, felted and then heated with the heat gun. I added hand stitching to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment