Pages

Monday 1 February 2010

Can't break the resolution

I've just realised that it's a week since my last post and I just can't break my resolution!

I went on Saturday to the Spring Quilt Show at Ardingly. I have to go every year as it's only just down the road and it would really be silly not to! Yet again it was very good with a good selection of quilts to see and plenty of traders to spend money at. I very stupidly forgot to take my camera which was a pity as there were one of two quilts that I particularly liked and would have definitely taken photos if I had remembered the camera. I was quite restrained on the buying - just a few silk fabrics and some dyed threads, and the yellow star buttons that I needed for Samuel hanging.

I've signed up to an online course with Dale Rollerson called 'Embellish Stitch and Enrich' which I hope is going to help me make fuller use of the embellisher machine I bought last year. I have spend this evening making a start on lesson one so hopefully in the next few days I will get some photos posted. So far I have created some lovely surfaces which are crying out for stitches so it's looking as though my embroidery roots will be coming to the surface again.

Watch this space......

No comments:

Post a Comment