Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Thanks to the snow!

Thanks to the snow I've had more time at home to create!

I've finished a set of fabric postcards for a swap I'm taking part in on Fun Friendly. Encouraged by my results with the foils, I decided to try some more. The theme of the swap is "January is ...." and as my main thoughts in January is to get rid of the left over Christmas food, my thoughts turned to that subject. Due to serious dieting I was even more keen to get the food out of the house as soon as possible!
With food, in particular chocolate, in mind, I incorporated some foil wrapping from various chocolates that had been consumed over Christmas as well as some that just had to be eaten to get rid of them.
The background fabric this time was some cotton I dyed last summer, plus layers of foil, sweety wrappers, fabrics and organza. I think I was a bit too heavy handed while iron the fabric to the vilene and backing as I think just a bit too much of the organza has been "zapped". The bead stew was fun creating from various pots of beads and sequins but a more more tedious when it can to stitching them all on.
All I need now is for the snow to go so I can get to the Post Office!




1 comment:

  1. They look lovely - and the colours are great! I am a big fan of burning stuff because it creates such interesting effects.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete