Pages

Saturday 23 January 2010

Hanging for Samuel

It's not often I piece quilts, in fact I have been known to vow never to piece a quilt again!

However, last November my third grandchild, Samuel, was born so I just had to make something, particularly as he was a boy. He followed two granddaughters who added to our own two daughters, meant that it was some time since we had a boy in our family. Since his birth, events have meant that he is extra special to us.

As both my daughters are quilters too, I'm not allowed to make full sized quilts so I have made wall hangings for each grandchild to hang in their bedrooms.


This was a design I found on the internet and I used some fabrics from my stash as well as some purchased especially for it. It still needs to have some star buttons put on the wings of the planes and I am hoping to get those at next week's Spring Quilt Show at Ardingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment