Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2009

More Postcard Swaps

My latest swaps for the Fun Friendly group I belong to was entitled "Leaves are FALLing" I just love the Autumn (Fall), probably because I was born bang slap in the middle of the season. I have created many pieces in the past based on Autumn colours so I jumped at the chance for this swap.

Yet again I started with Needle Felting, this time on to a batik from my stash with a leaf design in autumn colours. I felted fibres, felt, and fabric plus a bit of Angelina which didn't really turn out as I had wanted. I then made some leaves by sandwiching Angelina between two layers of organza, machining the leaf shape and then cutting it out. I then machined them over the felted background. Just had to add a few buttons - my work isn't complete without a button or a bead.

No comments:

Post a Comment