Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Creative Sketchbooks

Last month I finished a City and Guilds Creative Sketchbooks course with Janet Twinn at Leatherhead. And what a great time I had!

I decided to do it as I would love to design my own art quilts but thought I lacked the artistic skills to do so. The course included many materials, media and techniques which were new to me and hopefully have given me the knowledge on which to build into my own designs.

Here are some photos of one of the Sketchbooks which had to be Freestanding with some 3D construction. The photos show the sketchbook closed up - a greenhouse full of cacti and succulents which were the sources for my designs. Another photo shows it opened out and then there are some of my favourite artwork. I also used up odd pieces of painted paper by making little seed packets based on the real thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment