Pages

Monday 21 August 2017

Last Dance squares all finished!

The last four sets of squares for my Last Dance on the Beach blanket are all finished and all I have to do now is put them together!  Sounds so easy but it's not a task I look forward to.

The ninth square was a particular favourite of mine.  It had a cable skip in it, something I've never done before so yet again I've learnt something new.


The next one was probably my least favourite mainly because I found it physically difficult to do as every other row had to be worked in the loop behind the back loop.   By the fourth square I was getting the hand of it but I don't think I made a particularly good job of it so I hope it looks okay once it is together with the other blocks.


Week 11 was one of my favourites too, probably because it worked up very quickly and I got them done quickly.   Another new stitch so another learning experience.


The final set also made up quite quickly - maybe I was just eager to get them finished!   Loved this one too although it took me a time to be able to know where I was in the pattern and had to resort to keeping count on paper!



To give me an idea of what the finished blanket will look like, I've laid the blocks out on our spare bed.  The photo is not brilliant but it does give an you an idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment