Pages

Tuesday 1 August 2017

August Journal Quilt

Working ahead of myself on this year's Journal Quilts although I've nearly caught myself up so I'd better get working on the rest!

This month's quilt has once again been inspired by the Hibiscus flower.   This time I paper pieced the flower using a pentagon shape as Hibiscus have five petals.   The flowers were then applied and stitched to the background which was a piece of my own dyed fabric.   I machined stitched the centres of each flower and machine quilted the background with more pentagon shapes and stems of leaves.




 


      


   

Hopefully this will give a contemporary interpretation to English Paper Piecing.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent post! It is very useful article to know about actual values and good researched one. Embroidery Punching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilt designs. I have seen many quilting files but these are completely unique and best one. In embroidery Digitizing or convert jpg to pes it's best to use.

    ReplyDelete