Pages

Thursday 26 November 2015

Chichester Harbour

Now our exhibition is up and running I can catch up on the things I had to let slip as I was hard at work getting work finished.

Chichester Harbour is a place we visit on a regular basis so I became very aware of the variety of activities and landscapes that can be seen, depending on where you are.

 I started by creating panels to depict sailing, the birdlife, oysters which were once harvested at Emsworth, the dunes of East Head, the quay at Bosham, yachts at the Marina, feathers from birds, and of course the water.  
 
I used a variety of techniques for each panel including a photo printed on fabric, gelli plate printing, printing with stencils and machine embroidery and quilting.
 
These panels were then collaged with plain dyed fabric to form a hanging that was machine quilted.  Hand stitching, beads and shells were added to finish
 
   
 
 
   
 
   
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment