Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Challenge fabric ready

After an afternoon dyeing fabric, I now have the fabric ready to continue with my South Downs Challenge 'boot'.

I always use Helen Deighan's Dyeing in Plastic Bags method, mixing my own colours from primary coloured Procion dyes.  I use two different shades of each colour - turquiose/cobalt blue; golden yellow/lemon yellow; and magenta/scarlet - and although my mixing etc is not a precise as Helen's, I am usually pleased with the results.   If I want a particular colour I will use that colour dye.

My fabric is usually a bit mottled but I'm happy with that look as it really looks hand dyed.

Straight out of the dye solution

Washed and dried ready for use

I also dyed some cotton perle so I would have matching thread for any handstitching I may add.

Threads ready to dry and be untangled!
Now to plan the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment