Pages

Monday 29 July 2013

Walk on a windy beach

Today saw us walking to the beach by Pagham Harbour.  It was very windy but it did stay dry all the time we were out.

Yet again I found myself drawn to bits of marine rope that had been washed up on the high tide line.  I have quite a collection of these and know that one day I will incorporate them in a textile piece but not sure just what that will be.

 
 
In the photo are some piece of driftwood I also picked up together with some pebbles which have holes all the way through them.  I have a collection of both these - the driftwood has been collected for the same reason as the rope but the stones will join a large bowl of similar stones which are also known as "hag stones".


 
 
I also saw this lobster pot which has given me an idea for a Thread and Shutter challenge piece entitled "Trapped". I need to get started on this soon so I am going to use the lobster pot as the starting point.



No comments:

Post a Comment