Pages

Monday 18 April 2011

What happened to March?

Where did March go to? So much of March was spent at our caravan that I fell very behind with my creative endeavours. I did get the March Journal Quilt done and yet again I've taken inspiration from the world around me - this time it was the daffodils which have been abundant this year. Sadly because of all the sunshine they haven't lasted as long as usual. I monoprinted some fabric which didn't quite come out as I wanted so I printed over it with an old Thermofax screen I had (which was a cactus print). When it still didn't look quite right I dyed it in some yellowy-green dye which did improve the overall look. Still not totally happy with it I cut it into strips and reassembled it and thank goodness I liked it. Not too sure where I would have gone from there. The daffodil in the corner has the necessary circle for this month, added to this I machine quilted in a leaf-like pattern. All in all I'm pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment