Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

Inspiration from rust - again!


How about this for inspiration!
Last month a collegue brought this in for me, knowing that I have an obsessin for rusty objects. He'd found it on a beach (he beachcombs for wood which he creates into wonderful objects) and thought of me! We think it was some sort of support for a post. When he found it, it was the other way up but when he gave it to me I turned it upside down and immediately saw a bird. I then "acquired" a tripod from a science lab and the garden sculpture was born. Even the tripod has rusted nicely in the few weeks it's been outside. My collegue admitted if he had seen the bird I might not have got it!
I think now that I will have to create something inspired by my new garden sculture. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment