Pages

Sunday 3 February 2019

#makearteveryday continues, even on holiday!

My sketchbook continues to occupy me each day, even when I was on holiday in Gran Canaria last month.

First a catch-up of the few days before we went.....

Rusting compound over stencil on watercolour background
Fabric collage with stitching and buttons
  
   
Wooden stamp with added pen drawing

Collage lettering on map background

At the beginning of January I thought about leaving it until February before restarting my sketchbook, mainly because of the two week holiday we had planned.  After much though I decided to go ahead and started to put together my art kit to take.  I kept it small, just taking watercolours and brushes, drawing pencils and pens, glue stick and some coloured fineline drawing pens but off course I found that I wanted so much more, particularly acrylic paints and gel medium.

Despite struggling with supplies, I found that inspiration was all around me and I never struggled with ideas each day.   I took photos while we were out, collected ephemera here and there and generally kept my eyes open at all times.

Collage of cut paper - inspired by wind turbines

Pen drawing - no explanation required!

Pen drawing with watercolour
Pen drawing with watercolour and ephemera background
Hexagon shaped collage of guide book picture



Painted paper collage - strelitza nicolai

Pen detail on watercolour background - cactus inspired
Collage of ephemera gathered on day out on a bus
Watercolour with pen - shadows on hotel canopy
Collage of sugar sachets
Tea stained background with collage of teabag packets
Mark making with watercolour using various tools
Pen drawing

Painted paper cut-outs on watercolour background

Paper collage on watercolour background

To finish the month, I made use of some of stash of painted papers.


Gelli printing on book page

Collage of torn, layered and painted paper

Thermofax print of cactus image on acrylic painted background
The sketchbook is becoming very fat now and as it nears the end of the book it is becoming more and more difficult to get good photos.  I am thinking now about what to use when this one is complete to make it easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment