Pages

Sunday 23 September 2018

Crochet Catch Up

I can't believe how long it is since my last post!  I have felt recently that life has been a bit lethargic and that I haven't had much to do in my creative world but looking back at what I've done since my last post, I have still managed to create quite a range of things.

I can always rely on my monthly Little Box of Crochet to give me something to do, sometimes not always something that I would have chosen myself but even that is a challenge in itself.  It's just over a year since I signed up and there has only been one month that still sits on my shelf unopened!

The July Box brought this "Sweet Summer Clutch Bag" designed by Sweet Sharna which was quite a quick make and one that I might well take on our next holiday.  Not sure I got the pattern 100% correct but it turned out okay and I'm happy with it.



In August the box had a lovely project book to keep a record of all my crochet makes which was lovely in itself, but there was also a pattern for a colourful cover to fit the book.   It was designed by Lucy of Attic24 - one of my favourite designers and one of the most generous designers I've come across.  I know I've mentioned her blog before - Attic24 - so if you haven't checked it out already, do so!

Now I've mentioned many times that my crochet tension is not what it should be which is the main reason I stick to shawls, scarves and anything that has to fit something, so I was a little worried that my book cover might not be the right size when I finished it.  But as you can see, it fitted perfectly.  This didn't stop my daughter commenting 'did you have to buy an A4 ring binder for it?' when I posted it on Instagram.


The postcard was also in the box which each month comes with several little extras!


One skein on wool that I've had since March, given to me on Mother's Day, has finally been created into a scarf.   The wool was from Fleabubsbylala -she hand dyes yarn and makes some wonderful crochet hooks and it is well worth checking out.

The wool was called Disco 2000 which is no doubt why my Pulp loving daughter bought it for me.  It was a riot of colour and as someone who has dyed fabric and threads many times I'd love to know how she got the colour change so often as it was no more than about 2" or 4" for each colour.

I also chose one of her own patterns as it only seemed right - it is called Harp Angel. 



Roll on the cold weather so I can wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment