Pages

Saturday 11 August 2018

Denim Jacket - The home run

I've added a small panel of stitching to my denim jacket which now leaves just one more to do.




I recently bought Joyful Stitching by Laura Wasilowski, a textile artist I have long admired, mainly through seeing her work in Quilting Arts Magazine.   This book has really inspired me and is definitely freeing up my embroidery.   I know I am a bit obsessed with everything being balanced and neat looking - it's a problem I have in all aspects of my creative work but I am (I think!) getting better.

Inspired by the stitching Laura has done in this book, I used some of her ideas to complete this little panel in my jacket.




The final panel is underway and is again inspired by one of the other loves of my life - my grandchildren.

I have decided to give the four of them design rights and will get each of them to decorate a heart with the things they like which I will embroider on to the jacket.

Mad or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment