Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Another Month - Another Journal Quilt

This months Journal Quilt was inspired by Strelitzia Regina - the Bird of Paradise plant which grew around the grounds of the hotel we stayed in.  By the time we visited this year, the flowers were on the way out but there were one of two still hanging on the their bright orange and purple colours.

For the quilt I randomly pieced the petal shapes with a green background. I found it was quite difficult to keep it all in a straight line and to size and on reflection, it would have been better to have foundation pieced.  I have another one planned which I planned to use a similar method so will definitely foundation piece, although it is not one of my preferred methods of construction.

Borders were added to three sides and then the quilt was machine quilted, extending each of the petals on to the border.  The quilt was then bound with the fabric I am using for all the quilts this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment