Pages

Tuesday 18 April 2017

April Journal Quilt

Another Journal Quilt completed, this month's being inspired by the Hibiscus flowers that grew around the hotel in Maspalomas and just about everywhere else.

The flowers are formed using log cabin with half in red and half in green using fabrics I have dyed myself.   I've used two different sizes for the flowers, piecing the log cabin blocks together with pieces of the same green fabric.  I've used this idea before for a quilt I entered into the Festival of Quilts many years ago.  The judges comments included one that I hadn't done enough quilting and I admit in the early days of making quilts, the quilting was the thing I hated.   One focus for this year's Journal Quilts is the quilting and I am pushing myself to do more and to not be afraid of it.

This months quilt has dense quilting in a random grid arrangement around each of the flowers as well at lines of quilting on each of the flowers to reflect the veins on the petals.

Inspiration







No comments:

Post a Comment