Pages

Friday 10 February 2017

February Journal Quilt

Another Journal Quilt comes off the work desk!

For this months quilt I started by using a thermofax screen I had made for a previous project when completing the Creative Sketchbooks course.   It was made using a photo of a Euphorbia plant taken on a previous visit to Gran Canaria but despite going back over my photos, I can't find the original photo.

I printed the image on to blue fabric I had dyed myself but despite much thinking and planning, the result was not good enough to provide enough squares to make an 11" square. Once cut, the squares were moved around for a more random look and then after much deliberation I made up the difference on two sides with more of the blue fabric.

The free machine quilting along each of the vertical seams represent the thorns on the plant.



Image printed on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment