Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Seen From Above - The Village

Last month I gave you a preview of my latest creation which is now finished so can be revealed.


 
 
Made from my own dyed fabric, this is a pieced quilted hanging with the centre of the panel reflecting the layout of the roads in the village which I live.   I had to make a few adjustments so I didn't have too many corners meeting.   This panel was then hand quilted with lines of running stitch in toning perle cotton.  I used the shape of each piece when deciding which direction to quilt.
 
The top and bottom borders were printed with a stencil made from freezer paper.  The two left hand shapes - an oak tree and an anvil - are the symbols on the village sign; the centre house is the outline of my own house; and the two right hand trees reflect the woods that border the village.   These two panels were then quilted with seed stitch using random dyed perle cotton.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment