Pages

Saturday 17 January 2015

Productive Day Dyeing

I spend a morning this week dyeing - no particular reason, just fancied doing it!

I normally use the plastic bag method but decided to give low immersion/tray dyeing a go this time.  

The first batch started with lemon yellow and I then added red and turquoise.  I think I overdid the "pressing to make sure everything was covered" as it did end up looking more brown that I wanted.  Once washed it didn't look so bad.

I then dyed batches of turquoise with a splash of cobalt blue; magenta with a splash of purple; and finally orange with a splash of red.  Very happy with the results of these.

To finish off I used up all the left over dye with the result of a blue, red, purple mix.

At the same time I dyed some threads - soft cotton, perle and a skein of stranded.





I have a project in mind for these so keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment