Pages

Saturday 6 December 2014

Quilt for Indiana

A friend of mine recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and as I made a quilt for her first baby I wanted to do the same for this one.  Luckily we knew it was going to be a girl so I could get it ready for when she arrived.

Now that I have given it to her, I can share it with everyone else.


 
 
I was really stuck about how to quilt it as I didn't want to cross the rectangular blocks.  Following some great advice from a group of friends, I used a combination of their ideas.   I appliqued the kites so that their tails went across the blocks and then the smaller blocks were tied on each corner where there was no quilting.
 
 
     


My friend loved the quilt but baby was too busy sleeping to make any comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment