Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Words Challenge 4

The fourth and final part of the Words challenge is now complete - Trapped.

As we spend so much time on the coast, I often come across lobster/crab pots, particularly at Selsey so I used this idea as my inspiration.

I started with a piece of fabric I had dyed for the background but as it wasn't really as dark as I wanted, I over printed the fabric first with a foam roller in a wave-like pattern and then with bubble wrap to give the impression of bubbles.

Following the workshop with Kim Thittichai I added some wave shapes created by the painted bondaweb applied to lutradur method.   The completed background was then machine quilted in wavy lines.

For the crab I used dyed towelling and two real crab claws.   The cage was made from plastic garden netting that I overstitched using a zig zag stitch on the sewing machine  The sides were joined together with twisted threads.


Detail
 
 
Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment