Pages

Sunday 4 September 2011

Far too long with no posting

Well the summer seems to be over now. We've just got back from Brighton and it was all we could do to see our way what with the spray from the road and the mist from the hills.

The lack of posts over the last few months doesn't mean I haven't been busy! I spent the weeks leading up to the summer break busy getting stuff ready that I could finish with hand stitching, beading etc. i.e. nothing that needed machine! Well, what I prepared was done in the firs three days of our three week break and I seriously began to consider getting a machine for the caravan. It was only the lack of electric point in the right place and the fear that I would have to tidy up as I went (why do you think this blog is called "Creating chaos"?) that I talked myself out of it. Not one to just sit and do nothing, I resorted to puzzle books to keep my hands and mind busy.

We had a great time away, first week with our two granddaughters and two weeks on our own. Despite what everyone is saying about the weather this year, we didn't seem to suffer too much at Pagham. A few overcast days but plenty of sunshine to keep the girls happy on the beach and for us to get in some walking.

We spent one day with my brother at Fort Nelson, the Royal Armouries museum just outside Portsmouth. Not a place for textiles artists I can hear you saying, but how wrong you are. Here are a few of the many photos I took - I saw patterns and designs all over the place.




Now I have to sort out and organise all the work I have prepared for November's exhibition. Most work is complete and not needs to be labelled or mounted so I will post photos of the pieces I completed over the summer in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment