Pages

Saturday 22 January 2011

Latest creations

At the end of December I posted some photos of the hand stitching I had done over Christmas. Well they've now been made into cards and hopefully will be on sale later this year at my exhibition. I might even put a couple of them on Folksy in the meantime just to see how they go.

I've also made an open box using needle felting and hand stitching but it was very labour intensive so I'm not sure whether it will be cost effective to make more for sale. If I did one again I would do it slightly different to make it quicker to make.



I've always loved working with scrim when needle felting so I did a piece which was just layers of scrim finished with some simple hand stitching. The end result has a 'landscape' look about it and I'm planning to do a larger one which will be more quilt-like.

The final piece for now was based on a pile of rusty chain I photographed at Selsey last year. I printed the photo on to a base felt although it isn't obvious from the finished results.


My original plan was to knit or crochet to give a chain-like texture but the initial trials did not give the look I had in mind. In the end I made a finger chain with two different yarns and them felted them loosely on to the felt base. I added some chain stitch and lazy daisy stitch to finish. I left some strands free so they could extend over the edge of the mount.


No comments:

Post a Comment