Pages

Monday 14 June 2010

I am ashamed!

Ashamed that it is over a month since my last post!


I could give a long list of reasons why I haven't posted, but instead I will be positive and post a few photos of a few things I have done.
I'm slowly getting on with the Embellish Stitch Enrich course, having reached Lesson 5. This has been a "heat it and see" lesson, mainly using kunin felt which is suppose to melt when heated. i say "supposed" as I had varying results. The black felt melted without any problem but the mauve colour scorched rather than melt.
This first one worked a treat. it was just swirls of wool fibred placed in a spiral and felted to the kunin felt. I then felted various yarns before applying the heat gun from the back.

With this second one I added some chiffon to the top. The felt would not melt and as you might be able to see from the detail, it scorched.



In this final one I had Tissutex on top of a felt layer with various things - silk rods, foil, fibres, threads - on top



1 comment: