Pages

Saturday 8 May 2010

Lesson 4 complete

This week I've finally got around to finishing the samples from Lesson 4 of Embellish, Stitch, Enrich so here they are ....

Again this is a knitted square, felted to a piece of felt with hand stitching and beads added.
The next four are more of the hand knitted squares which I have machine embroidered between two sheets of Romeo water-soluble fabric using metallic thread. This took me back years to when I did C&G Embroidery. Enjoyed it so much I think I will have to give it another go.
This next sample has squares cut from a piece I knitted using a very textured yarn. I had intended making flowers with it but it came out much thicker than I wanted so I cut it up to felt on to a piece of felt. Again I added hand stitches and buttons to finish. There are also two squares which are fibres felted from the back so they appear like shadows.

The final piece again uses the textured knitted squares which are felted to a felt background and finished with hand stitches. The second one is a detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment