Pages

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Felting catch-up

I've managed to find some time over the last few weeks to spend on the embellishing machine. These are the samples (with details) from Lesson 4 of Embellish Stitch Enrich. There are a few more to do from this lesson and then it's on to Lesson 5.

For this first one I knitted up a plain piece using a varigated wool and then cut it up and felted it to a piece of felt. Hand stitches and buttons finished it off.



The second piece also has knitting on it but this time I left the squares intact and felted them, again to a piece of felt. The smaller pieces in the centre of each knitted square are pieces of left overs from previous samples. More of the same yarn that I used for the knitting was felted around the squares.



For the final sample I first felted some small pieces of organza and silk between felt and a piece of black lace. I then cut up the piece into squares, machined around the edges with metallic thread and felted them on to a foiled piece of felt. Stitches and beads were added to finish.



As with previous samples, I have also made a small square sample using similar techniques. The first three are all similar to the above samples.

For this last one I first knitted a very textured yarn which I felted. However, it came out much thicker than I thought it would as I had planned to use it for making some flower brooches. Having cut out a flower I'm not sure whether or not I will carry on with the plan. However, the bits left from the cutting out were used for this square which I felted to the felt background under some organza. Yet again I couldn't resist adding the buttons to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment